Engaging Globalization (Mission in Global Community): The Poor, Christian Mission, and Our Hyperconnected World - eBook
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Baker Academic
Publication Date: 2017
Series: Mission in Global Community
Globalization is speeding up our world, extending our relationships globally and bringing us closer together in positive and not-so-positive ways. The church and many Christians, however, remain largely unaware of its seductive power, resulting in a failure of vision for mission in today's world. This up-to-date resource by a veteran leader in global development work with World Vision orients readers to the history of globalization and to a Christian theological perspective on it, explores concrete realities by focusing on global poverty, and helps readers reimagine Christian mission in ways that announce the truly good news of Christ and God's kingdom. Diagrams and sidebars that incorporate the voices of global partners are included. This is the second book in a new series that reframes missiological themes and studies for students using/featuring the common theme of mission as partnership with Christians.
Bryant L. Myers (PhD, University of California at Los Angeles) is professor of transformational development in the School of Intercultural Studies at Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena, California. A veteran leader in global development work, he served in senior management roles with World Vision International for three decades and has served with the Lausanne Committee on World Evangelization. Myers is the author or editor of several books, including Working with the Poor and Walking with the Poor.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Missions >> Cross-Cultural
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral >> Missions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Outreach >> Missions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Missions >> Cross-Cultural
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Missions
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership