- Media Type▼▲
- Philosophical Schools▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Publication Date: 2006
Series: Swans Are Not Silent
John Newton, Charles Simeon, and William Wilberforce suffered lifelong opposition and endured for the causes of gospel truth, missionary zeal, and political justice. They found, in solid doctrine and humble joy, the tough roots for habitual tenderness in response to their adversaries-without doctrinal or moral flinching. They are examples of remarkable grace.
In Book 3 in The Swans Are Not Silent series, best-selling author John Piper looks at the lives of these three great men and focuses on how they not only endured great opposition, but that they did so with joy and without bitterness. Their lives exemplify how to set a pace and finish the race before us, encouraging every heart that it is possible to jump the hurdles in our paths.
William Curtis5 Stars Out Of 5May 11, 2010William CurtisThe book by Piper on Newton, Simeon, and Wilberforce is a commentary of faithful servants of the Lord who were opposed throughout their ministry yet endured to the end. This should be an encouragement to anyone serving today that is suffering opposition. Rev. Dr. William Curtis
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Church History >> Significant People & Events >> Saints & Notable Figures
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Historical Figures
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biography >> Historical Figures
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church History >> Significant People & Events >> Saints & Notable Figures
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography >> Historical Figures
- Download >> eBooks >> Church History >> Significant People & Events
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction