- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Liturgical Press
Publication Date: 2013
Abbot Timothy Wright proposes sowing a small seed from which might grow a greater respect between the world's two largest religions, Christianity and Islam. Indeed, he believes that the seed has already been planted. Christians give unique value to their revealed Scriptures as the Word of God. Muslims speak of the Qur'an as God speaking to them.
In No Peace without Prayer, Wright presents the case for developing this faith in the Word of God to establish groups of Christians and Muslims dedicated to sharing their respective Divine Word in ways that enhance the other. This is not a tussle for converts but a way into greater mutual understanding-under the eye of the God who communicates this Word-to create a new shared memory. Such is a work of prayer, a prayer that could lead to greater peace. The key word, says Wright, is partnership, arising from their shared belief in the One God, creator of the universe, communicating with the human world and merciful to the repentant.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Catholic >> Prayer
- Download >> eBooks >> Catholic >> Prayer
- Download >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Comparative Religions
- eBooks >> Catholic >> Prayer
- eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Comparative Religions >> Christian Denominations
- eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Comparative Religions >> Eastern Religions