Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
John Worgul, Ph.D. (Dropsie College)
Adjunct Professor, Bethel Seminary, CUGN
Dean, Holy Trinity Seminary
This course is designed to prepare you spiritually and emotionally as you engage in biblical and theological studies. If you have a desire to know more about the Bible and to develop your relationship with God, sometimes forward movement can occur most effectively after a backward look.
You will be invited in this course to create your personal life map. In this exercise, you will think back on your life, focusing on various segments, and will recall certain relationships, events, influences, and insights that occurred during those times. As you review each life segment, you will begin to see that the hand of God has been at work at every step. Learning to recognize His encounters will equip and enable you to move deeper into your relationship with Him and with others.
Upon completion of your study, you should be able to do the following:
- Recognize specific ways in which God has been involved in your life and experiences.
- Identify ways in which God motivates through divine promises.
- Define perfection in the context of spiritual formation.
- Create a life map recounting significant relationships, events, and influences in your life from early childhood to the present.
- Develop a healthy relationship with a mentor who will walk with you in your ongoing spiritual journey.
- Articulate the concept of spiritual formation and state its ultimate goal.
- Our Life Story: The Theology Behind It
- Motivation through Divine Promise
- Grace in Brokenness
- The Dark Night of the Soul
- The Goal of Our Formation: Becoming Like Christ
|Format: Compact disc|
|Publication Date: 2014|