or checkout with
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: For Those with Empty Arms: A Compassionate Voice For Those Experiencing Infertility - eBook|
By: Emily Harris Adams
Format: DRM Protected ePub
|Publication Date: 2015|
Stock No: WW123941EB
After receiving the news that in vitro would be their only hope for biological children, award-winning poet Emily Adams had to learn to live in a new world of needles, embarrassing tests, long waiting periods, and expensive doctors appointments.
In this beautiful and touching book of poems and essays, Emily tells the story of the diagnosis and the chaotic years that followed. Despite the many instances of disappointment, she learns how to continue to hope. Emily Adams weaves a powerful and compassionate story for any woman who is desperately trying to conceive but cant.
Emily Harris Adams considers herself a long-expecting mother. She's seen the frustrating world of infertility: the often humiliating doctor visits, the astonishing price tags for treatments, having to explain why she doesn't have kids, the shock of finding out a friend is going through the same struggle, waking up with her arms cradling a non-existent baby, and needing to suddenly cancel a round of in-vitro for health concerns.
Emily is also a poet. Her first poem, Empty Linen, was quoted to a religious audience of more than 13 million people. Emily's award-winning poems Second Coming and Birthright have been read worldwide. She lives in Provo, Utah.
"A perfect depiction of what infertility is and feels like. The essays and poems are so relatable, I felt like I might have been reading my own journal. This book is a must-read for anyone who is or knows someone struggling. Where was this book when my arms were empty?"
Serena Mackerell, Director of Footsteps for Fertility Foundation
James Goldberg, author of The Five Books of Jesus
Carol McLellan CST-D, Obstetrics Ombudsman, Upledger International
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Memoir
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational >> Family
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues >> Family >> Motherhood
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues >> Sexual Integrity >> Infertility
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Memoir
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography
- Download >> eBooks >> Family
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.