or checkout with
Emotionally Healthy Discipleship: Moving from Shallow Christianity to Deep Transformation - eBook
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
New Life Fellowship in Queens, New York, had it all: powerful teaching, dynamic ministries, an impressive growth rate, and a vision to do great works for God. Things looked good - but beneath the surface, circumstances were more than just brewing. They were about to boil over, forcing Peter Scazzero to confront needs in his church and himself that went deeper than he'd ever imagined. What he learned about the vital link between emotional health, relational depth, and spiritual maturity can shed new light on painful problems in your own church.
In this revised and expanded edition of his Gold Medallion Award-winning book, Scazzero shares refreshing new insights and a different and challenging slant on what it takes to lead your congregation to wholeness and maturity in Christ. Our churches are in trouble, says Scazzero.
They are filled with people who are:
- unsure how to biblically integrate anger, sadness, and other emotions
- defensive, incapable of revealing their weaknesses
- threatened by or intolerant of different viewpoints
- zealous about ministering at church but blind to their spouses' loneliness at home
- so involved in "serving" that they fail to take care of themselves
- prone to withdraw from conflict rather than resolve it
- look beneath the surface of problems
- break the power of past wounds, failures, sins, and circumstances
- live a life of brokenness and vulnerability
- recognize and honor personal limitations and boundaries
- embrace grief and loss
- make incarnation your model to love others
- slow down to lead with integrity
|Title: Emotionally Healthy Discipleship: Moving from Shallow Christianity to Deep Transformation - eBook
By: Peter Scazzero
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Publication Date: 2021
Stock No: WW107079EB
The global church is facing a discipleship crisis. Here is how we move forward.
Pastors and church leaders want to see lives changed by the gospel. They work tirelessly to care for people, initiate new ministries, preach creatively, and keep up with trends. Sadly, much of this effort does not result in deeply changed disciples.
Traditional discipleship strategies fail because they do not:
- Slow down people's lives so they can cultivate a deep, personal relationship with Jesus.
- Challenge the values of Western culture that have compromised the radical call to follow the crucified Jesus.
- Integrate sadness, loss, and vulnerability, leaving people defensive and easily triggered.
- Measure our spiritual maturity by how we are growing in our ability to love others.
In Emotionally Healthy Discipleship, bestselling author Pete Scazzero lays out how to create an emotionally healthy culture and multiply deeply-changed people in every aspect of church lifeincluding leadership and team development, marriage and single ministry, small groups, preaching, worship, youth and children's ministry, administration, and outreach.
Complete with assessments and practical strategies, Emotionally Healthy Discipleship will help you move people to the beneath-the-surface discipleship that actually has the power to change the world.
Peter Scazzero, along with his wife, Geri, founded Emotionally Healthy Discipleship, a groundbreaking ministry that moves the church forward by slowing the church down, in order to multiply deeply changed leaders and disciples. This journey began when Pete founded New Life Fellowship Church in Queens, New York, a large, multiracial church with more than seventy-three countries representedwhere he served as senior pastor for twenty-six years.
Pete hosts the top ranked Emotionally Healthy Leader podcast and is the author of a number of bestselling books, including Emotionally Healthy Spirituality, The Emotionally Healthy Leader, and Emotionally Healthy Discipleship. He is also the author of The Emotionally Healthy Discipleship Course (Parts 1 and 2), which has transformed tens of thousands of lives around the world. For more information, visit emotionallyhealthy.org or connect with Pete on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram at @petescazzero.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.