- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Penguin Classics
Publication Date: 2011
Series: Penguin Classics Deluxe Edition
Beautiful, smart, rich-and single-Emma Woodhouse is perfectly content with her life and sees no need for either love or marriage. Nothing, however, delights her more than interfering in the romantic lives of others. But when she ignores the warnings of her good friend Mr. Knightley and attempts to arrange a suitable match for her protegée, Harriet Smith, her carefully laid plans soon unravel and have consequences that she never expected.
As a girl Jane Austen wrote stories, including burlesques of popular romances. Her works were only published after much revision, four novels being published in her lifetime. These are Sense and Sensibility (1811), Pride and Prejudice (1813), Mansfield Park (1814) and Emma (1816). Two other novels, Northanger Abbey and Persuasion, were published posthumously in 1818 with a biographical notice by her brother, Henry Austen, the first formal announcement of her authorship. Persuasion was written in a race against failing health in 1815-16. She also left two earlier compositions, a short epistolary novel, Lady Susan, and an unfinished novel, The Watsons. At the time of her death, she was working on a new novel, Sanditon, a fragmentary draft of which survives.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Student & Teens >> Teen Fiction
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Language Arts
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Student & Teens
- Download >> Homeschool >> Subjects
- Download >> Homeschool >> Type
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Subjects
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Type
- Download >> eBooks >> Student & Teens
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> Language Arts >> Literature
- Homeschool >> Type >> Download