- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2003
Series: Bantam Classics
The most perfect of Jane Austens perfect novels begins with twenty-one-year-old Emma Woodhouse comfortably dominating the social order in the village of Highbury, convinced that she has both the understanding and the right to manage other peoples livesfor their own good, of course. Her well-meant interfering centers on the aloof Jane Fairfax, the dangerously attractive Frank Churchill, the foolish if appealing Harriet Smith, and the ambitious young vicar Mr. Eltonand ends with her complacency shattered, her mind awakened to some of lifes more intractable dilemmas, and her happiness assured.
Jane Austens comic imagination was so deft and beautifully fluent that she could use it to probe the deepest human ironies while setting before us a dazzling gallery of characterssome pretentious or ridiculous, some admirable and moving, all utterly true.
(Book Jacket Status: Jacketed)
From the Hardcover edition.
Homeschool Specialists' Review▼▲
Because this is designed as a teacher-driven course, you will only need the one book, which includes all of the student and teacher information, as well as the answers to the discussion questions. It can be used at any time during high school, with a choice of American literature or British literature. Both of them feature units on novels, essays, and poetry, but American Lit has a short story unit and British Lit has a book review unit. Each one has a list of required reading titles, which are available separately.
This well-rounded course will help your high school students read and understand classic literature and use it for college preparation. Approx. 200 pages, softcover.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Fiction >> Classic Fiction >> British
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Fiction >> Literature >> British
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Fiction >> Classic Fiction
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Homeschool
- Download >> Homeschool >> Supplemental
- Download >> Homeschool >> Type
- Download >> eBooks >> Fiction >> Classic Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Supplemental
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Type
- Homeschool >> Supplemental >> Books & Classic Literature
- Homeschool >> Type >> Download