Add To Cart
Learn about Ellis Island! This "True Book" features plenty of photos and helpful visuals; the lively, age-appropriate text teaches young readers about the Immigrants, what the journey to America was like, how this tiny island became so famous, and TRUE facts that will shock and amaze you!
48 pages with glossary and index. Grades 3-5 / Ages 8-10. Part of the Scholastic "A True Book" series.
|Title: Ellis Island|
By: Elaine Landau
Vendor: Children's Press
Publication Date: 2008
Series: True Book
Stock No: WW147818
A True Book: American History series allows readers to experience the earliest moments in American history and to discover how these moments helped shape the country that it is today. This series includes an age appropriate (grades 3-5) introduction to curriculum-relevant subjects and a robust resource section that encourages independent study.
This book discusses why immigrants came to the United States in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, the difficulties of the journey, the establishment of the Ellis Island Immigration Station and what went on there, and its decline and restoration.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Educational
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Non-Fiction Books
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> History >> History Subjects >> American History
- Homeschool >> Supplemental >> Books & Classic Literature >> Non-Fiction Books
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Educational
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Non-Fiction Books