In every lesson teachers will find Bible background information, tips on understanding and teaching upper-elementary kids, and thought-provoking questions with biblically accurate answers to guide your students into age-appropriate Bible study.
- Understanding the Bible sections help the teacher prepare for the class
- Understanding Your Students shares tips on preteen development
- Easy four-step lesson:
- A Life Need to get preteens engaged with the topic of the week
- A Bible Learning Step, where preteens will read the week's Bible passage, answer questions, and discuss
- A Bible Application Step in which the teacher has three choices for activities that will help preteens explore the Bible lesson in-class
- A final Life Response Step, where preteens will take ownership of putting into practice that week's Bible principle
- Quarterly supply list
- Ideas for early arrivers and when you have extra time
- Link to Last Week section helps the teacher discuss how students applied the lesson throughout the week and encourage them
Echoes curriculum is one of the most widely-used resources among the African-American church. Rich in African-American imagery and history, alive with family situations and storylines, and leveraging a shared quarterly theme with real-life application of biblical truths.