On Sunday, May 18, 1958, when First Christian Church of Florissant held its first service, over twenty were in attendance. Twelve made decisions to belong to Grandview Heights Christian Church, as it was then called, and thus the foundation was laid for what would become First Christian Church of Florissant-one of the most dynamic, healthy, and stable churches in the metropolitan St. Louis area. The story of First Christian Church of Florissant has been told in smaller pieces over the past fifty years in annual reports, in weekly newsletters, and through the lives of its members. This book is the reflection of these pieces combined into one volume. From twelve courageous people to a congregation of over 2,000 members, the history of First Christian Church of Florissant is a compelling story.