- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
"The rabbis believed that nothing in the Bible, not the choice of words or their spellings, not the order of events or the relationship of one text to another, was haphazard or inconsequential. Everything was there with purpose. They deemed it their reponsibility to discover connections and harmony where on the surface none appeared to exist. A text may contain multiple meanings. Time is of no consequence. They felt free to read back into old stories what happened in future eras, and to see in the early stories of Genesis a foreshadowing of future events."
In this engaging book, Rabbi Sasso explores how midrash originated, how it is still used today, and offers new translations and interpretations of more than twenty essential midrash texts.Sandy Eisenberg Sasso is the best-selling author of In God's Name, God's Paintbrush, Cain and Abel, and other books. She is a rabbi and earned her Doctor of Ministry degree from Christian Theological Seminary in Indianapolis, where she lives and works.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Paraclete Press
Publication Date: 2011
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> World Religions >> Judaism >> Sacred Writings
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Religion >> Judaism
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Religion
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> World Religions
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> World Religions
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Religion