- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
The Traditions of the Faith series illustrates how Christian holiday customers have evolved around the world. Each includes an author's note about the history of the tradition, and ideas and activities to adopt into one's own family celebrations.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2010
A Ukrainian Celebration of New Life in Christ Children love coloring Easter eggs, and heres a story to explain one of the origins of this tradition. In early nineteenth-century Ukraine, Christians celebrated Easter by exchanging colorful, hand-decorated pysanky eggsbut with Papa away at the war and Mama struggling to make ends meet, Anyas family was too poor to buy eggs to decorate one year. That is, until Anya discovered an abandoned nest of goose eggs and began planning an Easter surprise for her family. But God had an even better surprise in store, and when the eggs unexpectedly began to hatch, Anya learned what the Easter story teaches: spring brings gifts of myriad new beginnings, just as the risen Christ gave the gift of new life to us all. Each Traditions of Faith book features a story of how significant Christian traditions emerged in cultures around the world, with a note about the origin and history of the tradition, and offers ideas and activities each family can adopt as its own.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Seasonal
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Seasonal >> Picture Books
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Children >> Picture Books
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Children >> Seasonal
- Download >> eBooks >> Children >> Seasonal
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Seasonal
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Seasonal >> Picture Books