Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
More than 2,000 years ago a baby was born in a backwater village of the Roman Empire - and the world was changed forever! In this 4-week Advent study, Mike Slaughter explores the extraordinary story of how the Son of God chose to become a lowly human - and challenges us to respond during Advent with down-to-earth love, humility, lifestyle, and obedience. Large Print Edition.
|Title: Down to Earth [Large Print]: The Hopes & Fears of All the Years Are Met in Thee Tonight - eBook|
By: Mike Slaughter, Rachel Billups
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2016
Series: Down to Earth Advent
Stock No: WW82576EB
Nothing in all the vast, created universe could prepare us for God coming down as a helpless infant, or for Jesus the son of God intentionally positioning himself as a mere servant, identifying with the lowest of lows. It's enough to confound the mind, to make the heart contrite. This Advent, God's great surprise changes everything.
Rachel Billups is a visionary, leader and author. She currently serves as Pastor of Ginghamsburg Church and Lead Communicator. She partners with family and young adult ministries to dream and deploy discipleship opportunities for making young disciples of Jesus Christ. Rachel is an ordained Elder within the United Methodist Church and holds a Bachelors Degree in Bible/religion and History from Anderson University and a Master of Divinity Degree from Duke Divinity School. Rachel is the author of Be Bold: Finding Your Fierce. She and her husband, Jon, have four children Adeline, Christopher, David and Sarah.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> DVD Studies >> Companion Study Guide >> Christian Living Guides
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download >> eBooks
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Seasonal Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Seasonal Studies