- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: WestBow Press
Publication Date: 2012
The story of Adam and Eveone of the oldest and most widely cherished stories in human historyhas been misused and abused in the battleground of Americas culture war. Dating back to the Scopes Trial of 1925, evolutionists and creationists have been tearing this story apart in their fight over the origin of man, losing sight of one significant detail: the story of Adam and Eve was not written as a scientific treatise but as an account of human nature and our relationship with God and one another.
Dying to Control offers a fresh and provocative look at the garden of Eden drama, revealing how the story of Adam and Eve is our story. By weaving autobiographical vignettes with cultural observations and biblical exposition, this penetrating work exposes our obsession with control and the extreme lengths we go to preserve and promote self. Yet, despite our willingness to kill ourselves and one another in an attempt to control our world and eternal destinies, there is hopeextraordinary hope.
This overdue commentary on American culture offers a compelling perspective on how to experience the fullness of life in a world dying to control.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Origins of Man/Life
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Christianity & Culture
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Christianity & Culture
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics
- Download >> eBooks >> Theology