- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Cyber Deals
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2009
In this updated version of his best-selling book, Swindoll poignantly and honestly portrays the need for authentic love and transparency.
In a world that focuses on images, sound bites, and quick impressions, we have forgotten how to really know one another. Many of us recoil from true intimacy. Author Charles Swindollw writes,"Full self-disclosure is something we tend to avoid at all costs. In fact, we are prone to keep people out of our private worlds by wearing masks?not physical masks?but psychological ones." For example . . .
- The "I'm tough" mask hides weakness and fear.
- The "I'm holy" mask hides our struggle with temptation.
- The "I can handle it" mask hides bewilderment and hurt.
Removing your masks and relinquishing your defenses are essential aspects of the Christian experience. And Dropping Your Guard portrays Bible teacher Chuck Swindoll at his best, delving into the treasures of God's Word to reveal strategic principles for building open and genuine relationships.
Chuck Swindoll says,"My desire is that our Lord will open your eyes to the value of authentic relationships, and that His Spirit will free you to be vulnerable as you drop your guard with others in the family of God. I assure you, the result is worth the effort."
Charles R. Swindoll has devoted his life to the clear, practical teaching and application of God's Word. He currently pastors Stonebriar Community Church in Frisco, Texas, and serves as the chancellor of Dallas Theological Seminary. His renowned Insight for Living radio program airs around the world. Chuck and Cynthia, his partner in life and ministry, have four grown children and ten grandchildren.
Find Related Products
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Leadership/Motivational
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Relationships
- eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology
- eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Leadership/Motivational
- eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Relationships