Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 192
Vendor: WestBow Press
Publication Date: 2011
|Dimensions: 5.98 X 9.02 X 0.56 (inches)|
THE DREAM CATCHERS is comprised of an extraordinary series of reports on Bynum's experiences and adventures with cowboys, hippies, athletes, gang members, soldiers, actors, dreamers, and people like you. The author not only carried his research skills into the social arena, but approached each group with his own Christian experience and world view. Thus, each chapter reflects not only Bynum's quest for scientific understanding of his subjects' distinctive problems, behavior, hopes, and dreams, but explanations are supported by fascinating Biblical and historical insights. Practical applications of new findings relevant to all our lives are made on interesting issues and questions such as the following:
1. Why is loneliness the most common social problem in the world?
2. Why do some young people become hippies or join violent street gangs?
3. Is physical appearance related to social acceptance and deviant behavior?
4. Were Old Testament cowboys and herdsmen used by God in crisis situations?
5. Are all of us actors on the stage of life?
6. How did Jesus control an unruly crowd disrupting His teaching?"
7. What is the formula for achieving your high aspirations?
8. How do the social relationships of soldiers affect their survival in battle?
THE DREAM CATCHERS is appropriate for adult readers of all ages-but especially for young people as they plan and prepare for their own future.