- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2015
A Doubters Guide to the Bible is a concise account of the whole biblical narrative and the lifestyle it inspires, representing a unique and engaging framework for those observing Christianity from the outside, especially those who think there are good reasons not to believe.
In this book, Dickson provides a readable and winsome Bible primer summarizing the main themes in scripture, and addresses tough questions such as How can we read the creation account in Genesis in light of modern science? and, how do we approach Old Testament law when it appears inconsistent and irrelevant?
By presenting the whole of the Bible as an account of Gods promise to restore humanity to Himself, and humanity to one another and to creation, Dickson allows believers and skeptics alike to gain insight into why the Bible has been a compelling, life-changing, and magnetic force throughout the ages.
John Dickson (PhD, Macquarie University, Sydney) is a senior research fellow of the Department of Ancient History, Macquarie University; codirector of the Centre for Public Christianity; and senior minister at St. Andrews Roseville. The author of more than a dozen books, he is the host of two major historical documentaries for Australian television and is a busy public speaker in corporations, universities, churches, and conferences.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Introducing the Faith
- Download >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> OT & NT Introductions
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Church History >> History of the Bible & Bible Translations
- Download >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> For Seekers
- eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> OT & NT Introductions
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Introducing the Faith
- eBooks >> Church History >> History of the Bible & Bible Translations
- eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> For Seekers