- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2010
In A Doubter's Guide to the Bible, Terry Giles asks the hard questions that skeptics have about the Bible. Affirming the legitimacy of doubt in light of such questions, Giles invites us to walk with him as he explores issues such as the Bible's origins, violence in the Bible and in the modern world, and the degree to which the Bible has been used as propaganda to justify particular ends. Never ignoring the doubts that may still remain, Giles suggests that the Bible's power arises from its ability to open up a space where we can meet God, who confronts us amidst all the messiness of our humanity. Whether we've never considered these questions before--and especially if we have--A Doubter's Guide to the Bible is an essential companion on our spiritual journey.
TERRY GILES is a university professor of religious studies in Pennsylvania and has taught biblical studies for the past twenty years. He has authored and coauthored several books and numerous articles on the Old Testament and related fields. Terry combines a passion for scholarship with a concern to communicate in plain language and loves opening the Bible to people who have never read it before. In addition to his teaching career in the United States and Canada, he has led explorations of the Old Testament with students in such places as England, Thailand, and Ethiopia. Terry and his wife, Cheryl, have three children and make their home in Erie, Pennsylvania.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Church History >> History of the Bible & Bible Translations
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church History >> History of the Bible & Bible Translations
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Church History >> History of the Bible & Bible Translations
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living