- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Cyber Deals
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Rose Publishing
Publication Date: 2013
Series: Hope for the Heart
Domestic Violence: Assault on a Woman's Worth
God designed the marriage relationship to benefit one another. He intended married couples to love, honor, and cherish each other all the days of their lives, but life doesn't always turn out that way. In some relationships, cruelty has replaced the sacred relationship defined by God. The Domestic Violence mini-book outlines a Christian approach to help you identify and stop physical and emotional abuse.
Experts estimate that 1-in-3 women suffer from some form of violence from a husband, boyfriend, or relative. In too many homes around the world, the marriage bond has become bondage—shared lives have become shattered by abuse. Husbands berate, belittle, and betray their wives. Yet these secret assaults stay hidden from the outside world. One mate harming the other has undermined the sacred relationship created by God.
Any form of abuse is a flagrant violation of the marriage vows, To have and to hold from this day forward,to love and to cherish, 'til death do us part. And although such abuse is too frequently behind closed doors, it is blatantly in the open before the eyes of the Lord.
Included in the mini-book Domestic Violence: Assault on a Woman's Worth are abuse checklists with a list of behaviors that you may have observed or experienced. God has a heart for those who are victims of domestic violence. He wants you to know that he hears your cries; he thinks you are worthy of love without violence, and he holds you in the palm of his hand. Learn the causes of violent behavior and the reasons many women won't leave abusive relationships.
In the section titled, Steps to Solution, June Hunt gives many tools:
- How to answer a person who claims that violence is justified.
- How to know whether the abuser has really changed
- How to build healthy boundaries
- How to prepare a safety plan
- How to use the law in the United States
- And much more.
This mini-book is a quick overview and is easy-to-understand. It focuses on the key issues and is perfect for the busy person who needs instant advice.
Look for all 25 titles in the Hope For The Heart Biblical Counseling Library. These mini-books are for people who seek freedom from codependency, anger, conflict, verbal and emotional abuse, depression, or other problems.
Find Related Products
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Supplies >> Outreach/Visitor >> Booklets
- Church & Pastoral >> Counseling
- Church Supplies >> Outreach/Visitor >> Booklets
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Counseling
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Counseling
- eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology
- eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues