Dolorous Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ. - eBook
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Christian Classics Ethereal Library
Publication Date: 2010
Anne Catherine Emmerich was an Augustinian nun recognized as the recipient of many mystic gifts and vision. She is believed to have received the full stigmata, of which she reported suffering the physical effects of Jesus' punctured hands, feet, side, and forehead. Moved by her religious piety, German poet Clemens Brentano was inspired to document her ordeal. Brentano spent many months with Anne Catherine as she dictated the details of her encounters, which Brentano later compiled into the book The Dolorous Passion of our Lord Jesus Christ. While Anne Catherine's sacred wounds were witnessed by many during her time, the highly poetical and extravagant imagery in Brentano's book have led scholars to believe that Brentano may have embellished her descriptions as he recorded them. Consequently, this account of Anne Catherine's visions should be appreciated for its meditative value rather than for its historical accuracy. -Emmalon Davis, CCEL Staff Writer
Be the first to write a review!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Spiritual/Mystical Theology >> Mystical Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Catholic >> Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Catholic >> Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Catholic >> Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Catholic >> Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Spiritual/Mystical Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Spiritual/Mystical Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Catholic