Add To Cart
Add To Cart
|Title: Doing Good Better, Revised Edition|
By: Edgar Stoesz
Number of Pages: 192
Vendor: Good Book Company
Publication Date: 2014
|Dimensions: 5.50 X 8.50 X 8.50 (inches)|
Weight: 6 ounces
Stock No: WW488241
Doing Good Better is approachable wisdom. Edgar Stoesz has made Doing Good Better a guidebook for both board members of nonprofits, whether new to the task, or highly experienced. First, Stoesz identifies two failings common to many boards of nonprofit organizations that are often overlooked:
1. A boards governance role is very different from the role of management. "Making this distinction requires a reorientation for most board member, because in their day jobs, they are managers or employees."
2. Boards often fail at two matters: a.) preparation of their members, and b.) regular evaluations of their own effectiveness and focus.
In practical, pointedly-written chapters, Stoesz covers:
- Helping Directors Understand Their Governance Role
- A Plan to Fulfill the Purpose
- Reporting Back to the Members
- Planning Effective Meetings
- Great Boards Have a Good Fight (occasionally)
- Working Your Way Through a Crisis
- Great Boards Celebrate
- Leaving Right
Stoesz deftly interweaves background philosophy, vision, and razor-sharp specific ideas. "Discussion/Action Questions" conclude many of the chapters. In addition, Stoesz offers a "Board Evaluation Form," a "Directors Self-Evaluation Form," and an outline for the "Executive Director Annual Review."
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.