Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Dealing with boundaries, finances, and changing values are all part of parenting your grown child. In Doing Life with Your Adult Children, Jim Burns offers practical advice and hopeful encouragement for one of the richest and most challenging seasons of parenting.
Speaking from his own personal and professional experience, he offers practical answers to questions such as "What's the difference between enabling and helping?" and "How can I support my grown children when I don't support their values?" He also includes positive principles for bringing kids back to faith.
|Title: Doing Life with Your Adult Children: Keep Your Mouth Shut and the Welcome Mat Out - eBook|
By: Jim Burns Ph.D.
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Publication Date: 2019
Stock No: WW97671EB
If you have an adult child, you know that parenting doesn't stop when a child reaches the age of eighteen. In many ways, it gets more complicated. Both your heart and your head are as involved as ever, whether your child lives under your roof or rarely stays in contact.
In Doing Life with Your Adult Children, parenting expert Jim Burns helps you navigate the toughest and the most rewarding parts of parenting your grown kids. Speaking from his own personal and professional experience, Burns offers practical answers to questions such as these:
- Is it OK to give advice to my grown child?
- What's the difference between enabling and helping?
- What boundaries should I have if my child moves back home?
- What do I do when my child doesn't seem to be maturing into adulthood?
- How do I relate to my grown child's significant other?
- What does it mean to have healthy financial boundaries?
- How can I support my grown children when I don't support their values?
Including positive principles on bringing kids back to faith, ideas on how to leave a legacy as a grandparent, and encouragement for every changing season, Doing Life with Your Adult Children is a unique book on your changing role in a calling that never ends.
Jim Burns is the president of HomeWord and the Executive Director of the HomeWord Center for Youth and Family at Azusa Pacific University. Jim speaks to thousands of people around the world each year. He has close to two million resources in print in twenty languages. Some of his most popular books are Confident Parenting, The Purity Code, Creating an Intimate Marriage, and Closer. Jim and his wife, Cathy, live in Southern California and have three grown daughters, two sons-in-law, and two grandchildren.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Parenting
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Aging >> Midlife
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Family
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Aging
- Download >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Aging