Add To Cart
Add To Cart
DK findout! Coding
- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Resource Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 64
Vendor: DK Children
Publication Date: 2017
|Dimensions: 7.40 X 9.50 (inches)|
Increase your computer-coding knowledge with this childrens book full of photographs and illustrations, fascinating facts, and engaging challengesfrom the creators of DKfindout.com, DKs free online resource for kids.
Did you know that more than 11 million Raspberry Pis have been sold since 2012? Or that the first computer virus created outside of a lab was written by a 15-year-old? Find out why!
Perfect for young coders and gamers who want a highly visual STEM book to increase their programming know-how, DK findout! Coding is a reference book thats sure to inspire. Inside, author James Floyd Kelly breaks down what coding is and why its so important.
With this DK findout! book, you will:
- Explore the codes that are all around us, from traffic lights and vending machines to calculators and cars
- Read about key coders in history, such as Ada Lovelace, Grace Hopper, and Steve Jobs
- Discover the Enigma code and how Alan Turing worked to break it during World War II
- See how coders create apps, games, and computer programs using different coding languages, such as Python and Scratch
- Hear from real-life experts Jeff Atwood and Kiki Prottsman what it's like to be a computer scientist today
- Fold out the cover for a coding quiz and timeline
- and find out much, much more!
The DK findout! series of kids books helps children become experts on their favorite nonfiction subjects, from dinosaurs and ancient civilizations to space, coding, and cutting-edge technology. Learn more about codingand everything elseat www.dkfindout.com, the award-winning free educational website.
Trusted by parents, teachers, librarians, and kids across the world, DK is an award-winning publisher of visual reference books for children, including the DK Eyewitness Books, DK findout!, and Maker Lab series. DK books combine clear photography and illustration with expert text to show you what others only tell you.
"Photographs dominate the image-centric layout, augmented by informational bursts and sidebars, quizzes, and interviews… [A]n engaging, accessible format" Publishers Weekly
"Filled with the beautiful photographs that DK is known for, plus a multitude of facts, prepare to not see your child for a few hours as they pore over these gorgeous books." Brightly