- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2011
Series: Ideas Library
More than 200 proven openers, questions, and activities that get students involved in your lessons! - A Primer on Leading Discussions . . . Starting a discussion, and keeping it going . . . The importance of confidentiality . . . Asking questions that get responses . . . And working with different personalities. - 35 Creative ways to start a discussion or lesson on any topic . . .Techniques general enough to fit just about any subject, but still quirky enough to attract adolescent attention. - Discussion & Lesson Starters, By Topic . . . What subject are you teaching this week? First, look up your subject -- apologetics, attitude, dating, disabilities, faith, family, the will of God . . . And more than 30 main topics, all arranged alphabetically. Then choose the opener that fits your purposes and your group. In fact, many of these openers are virtually complete lessons in themselves, with questions, activities, parables, object lessons -- all designed to draw opinions, thoughts, and feelings from your students. Whether you're a youth worker or recreation director in a church, school, club, or camp -- Discussion & Lesson Starters is your storehouse of proven, youth-group tested ideas.
January3 Stars Out Of 5January 31, 2001JanuaryI would recommend this book to someone leading a Jr. High Group or a really active youth group. Most high schoolers don't like to move. They just like to sit there. I know because I am a non-moving teenager. But the ideas in this book require a lot of movement. The games are pretty silly and canned. If you're looking for material to lead a mature high school discussion group, this is not the book for you. I'm not bashing the book, I just didn't want anyone else to spend $15 on something that really wasn't suited to the type of group they are trying to lead.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry >> Activities
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry >> Series
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry >> Youth Leader Resources >> Youth Meetings
- Church & Supplies >> Youth Ministry >> Activities
- Church & Supplies >> Youth Ministry >> Series
- Church & Supplies >> Youth Ministry >> Youth Leader Resources >> Youth Meetings
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry