- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Cyber Week
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2015
Series: That The World May Know
This five-session small group Bible study, The Path to the Cross, by noted teacher and historian, Ray Vander Laan, is volume eleven of the 12-part Faith Lessons filmed-on-location DVD and Discovery Guide series. In The Path to the Cross, Gods story continues with the intense devotion of his people. Discover how their passionate faith prepares the way for Jesus and his ultimate act of obedience and sacrifice at the cross. Then, be challenged in your life to live as they did by every word that comes from the mouth of God. Filmed on location in Israel, Faith Lessons is a unique video series that brings God's Word to life with astounding relevance. By weaving together the Bible's fascinating historical, cultural, religious, and geographical contexts, teacher and historian Ray Vander Laan reveals unique insights into the Scriptures' significance for modern believers.
- Focuses on passages of Scripture explored in the DVD
- Includes sidebars, maps, photos and other study tools
- Features questions that facilitate discussion and inspire personal reflection
- Includes 25 personal Bible studies to help you deepen your learning experience between sessions, and turn lessons from the past into applications that impact how you live out your faith today.
The companion DVD was filmed on location in Qumran, Machaerus, En Gedi, Jerusalem and Gethsemane. These illuminating "faith lessons" afford a new understanding of the Bible that will ground your convictions and transform your life. The Faith Lessons video series is ideal for use in small groups, personal and family Bible studies, and adult Sunday school. Individual believers and families will gain vital insights from long-ago times and cultures through this innovative approach to Bible study.
This Discovery Guide is designed for use with The Path to the Cross DVD (sold separately).
- The Way of the Essenes Filmed in Quamran
- The Way of John the Baptist Filmed in Machaerus
- Into the Desert to Be Tested Filmed in En Gedi
- The Last Passover Filmed in Jerusalem
- The Fifth Cup: Our Way of Hope Filmed at Gethsemane
Ray Vander Laan is the founder of That the World May Know Ministries and creator of the Faith Lessons video series with Focus on the Family. An ordained minister, he holds the chair of biblical cultural studies as a religion instructor at Holland Christian Schools in Holland, Michigan. He and his wife, Esther, have four children and fifteen grandchildren.
Stephen and Amanda Sorenson are founders of Sorenson Communications and have co-written many small group curriculum guidebooks, including the entire Faith Lessons series.
About the Series
Filmed on location in Israel, Faith Lessons is a unique video series that brings God's Word to life with astounding relevance. By weaving together the Bible's fascinating historical, cultural, religious, and geographical contexts, teacher and historian Ray Vander Laan reveals unique insights into the Scriptures' significance for modern believers.
ServantCentral PennsylvaniaAge: 55-65Gender: male4 Stars Out Of 5Good!January 21, 2013ServantCentral PennsylvaniaAge: 55-65Gender: maleQuality: 4Value: 5Meets Expectations: 4Our Men's Bible Study group loves Ray Vander Lann's 'That The World May Know', faith lessons and we have used several of the lessons but as the facilitator for this series I was a bit disappointed. Our group usually loves how Ray ties the Bible, history and beautiful and historical land marks (ruins, etc.) together. Most of this series is in the wilderness (desert). We did understand that Ray was trying to tie how many of God's people started and spiritually grew in the desert. Again, we thought it was good and maybe we are not being fair since we have viewed, studied and enjoyed several other lessons in the faith lessons series.
JanieClarkesville, GAAge: 55-65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5I have so been blessed by all of this series.March 30, 2011JanieClarkesville, GAAge: 55-65Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5The Faith Lessons series from Ray Vanderlaan are all wonderful.
preach wifeRogers City MIAge: 55-65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Wonderful study ahead of Lent seasonFebruary 25, 2011preach wifeRogers City MIAge: 55-65Gender: femaleThis was a great study to connect the OT Passover with the NT institution of the Lord's Supper. Members were hesitant to do the study due to the added "homework" expected during the week but have changed their attitudes and really appreciate all that is in the study.
Susan Minkus5 Stars Out Of 5Wonderful book.January 29, 2011Susan MinkusQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5We ordered these for our Bible Study group. Excellent detail to the information and lots of discussion material. We really enjoy Ray's videos.
Find Related Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download >> eBooks
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects >> Life/Ministry Jesus
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Biblical Subjects
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Biblical Subjects >> Life/Ministry Jesus
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects