Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Neck Size▼▲
- Robe Size▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 256
Vendor: Beacon Hill Press
Publication Date: 2007
|Dimensions: 9.00 X 6.00 (inches)|
Tina Richard4 Stars Out Of 5November 28, 2009Tina Richardvery good book. greast for a clas on missionaries.easy to follow and understand with some diagrams to help.
JIM TASKER5 Stars Out Of 5January 13, 2008JIM TASKERUpon initial inspection of our personal copy, my wife and I immediately bought a 2nd copy for our Pastor and her church library. Highly readable, interesting, informational and, perhaps most important, timely. Gailey & Culbertson's Discovering Missions is vital to understanding role of cross-cultural communications vis--vis the future of world-wide missions in a world that is increasingly flat (reference is to Thomas Friedman's globilization treatise, "The World is Flat".
Author: Howard Culbertson
Located in: Oklahoma City, OK
Submitted: April 09, 2007
Tell us a little about yourself. I'm a veteran missionary as is co-author Chuck Gailey. I spent years in Italy and Haiti while he was a missionary in Africa. I've been teaching at Southern Nazarene University for more than 15 years while Gailey just retired from Nazarene Theological Seminary.
What was your motivation behind this project? We wanted to produce a usable introductory book on the global mission enterprise that would excite as well as inform.
What do you hope folks will gain from this project? The primary audience are students in introductory missions courses in Bible college, universities and seminars. This overview of the global mission effort is, however, written in a way that makes it easily accessible to pastors and local lay leaders.
Who are your influences, sources of inspiration or favorite authors / artists? The book leans heavily on Scripture and draws from the words and actions of greats like William Carey, David Livingstone, Hudson Taylor, William Cameron Townsend as well as lots of lesser-known, but significant missionaries.
Anything else you'd like readers / listeners to know: It's for the future missionary as well as the future pastor.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missiology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Missions >> Biblical Foundations
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology >> Missiology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral >> Missions
- Church & Supplies
- Last Chance Bargains >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics
- Last Chance Bargains >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology
- Last Chance Bargains >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Last Chance Bargains >> Church & Supplies