Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: David C. Cook
Publication Date: 2013
What if the way we worship isn't just an expression of our faith, but is what shapes our faith?
The Church has believed this about the way we worship and pray together for centuries: The way we worship becomes the way we believe. But if this is true, its time to take a closer look at what we say and sing and do each week. Drawing from his own discovery of ancient worship practices, Glenn Packiam helps us understand why the Church made creedal proclamations and Psalm-praying a regular part of their worship. He shares about why the Eucharist was the climactic point of their corporate "re-telling of the salvation story."
When our worship becomes a rich feast, our faith is nourished and no longer anemic. The more our worship speaks of Christ, the more we enter into the mystery of faith.
Glenn Packiam is the lead pastor of new life DOWNTOWN, an extension of New Life Church in Colorado Springs, Colorado. He is the author of LUCKY, Secondhand Jesus, and Butterfly in Brazil. As a worship leader and artist with Integrity Music, Glenn is also the writer of several well-loved worship songs. He and his wife, Holly, along with their four children live each day with gratitude.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Catholic >> Church
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Catholic >> Liturgy
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Catholic >> Church
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Catholic >> Liturgy
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Worship
- Download >> eBooks >> Catholic >> Church
- Download >> eBooks >> Catholic >> Liturgy
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Worship