- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Publication Date: 2007
R. Kent Hughes (DMin, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School) is senior pastor emeritus of College Church in Wheaton, Illinois, and visiting professor of practical theology at Westminster Theological Seminary in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Hughes is also a founder of the Charles Simeon Trust, which conducts expository preaching conferences throughout North America and worldwide. He serves as the series editor for the Preaching the Word commentary series and is the author or coauthor of many books.
OB55 Stars Out Of 5Third Time ThroughOctober 13, 2017OB5Quality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I have an old hardback copy of this book that I had read twice and thoroughly enjoyed both times. Some of the examples and illustrations stuck with me.
This time I bought two copies - to go with one I had bought last year - so that my sons (13 and 16) and I could study it together. We are still working through it, but they have commented on some of those same examples that have meant so much to me over the years, so I look forward to hearing how it influences them as they grow.
Freedom4 Stars Out Of 5It was a giftApril 10, 2017FreedomQuality: 4Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5By it was a gift I mean I gave it to a friend who has certain prayer requests that this book screamed out to me, this is what he needs.
As the Lord designed, he passed it on to another because he already had a copy (hardback). While giving it to him he said it was a real slap in the face. Meaning a wake-up call. That is from a man who has given up his worldly existence (potential for millions), and began a life for God by attending a seminary full time. If he says that it convicted his walk with God. Then...
The only reason I gave it 4 stars?
I tend to blow by the reviews with 5 when there are many.
ladyg5 Stars Out Of 5Great Bible StudyApril 1, 2015ladygQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This book is great for Bible study. Get it.
klatchawBellevue, OhioAge: 18-24Gender: male3 Stars Out Of 5A book to use for a study groupMarch 28, 2014klatchawBellevue, OhioAge: 18-24Gender: maleQuality: 3Value: 4Meets Expectations: 3Disciplines of a Godly Man fights back against man's attempt to compartmentalize their lives. Mr. Hughes breaks down the disciplines into four categories: relationships, soul, character, and ministry. He takes scripture and simply explains to any man what the practical application of the bible is to their life. Chalked full of examples from real life people to allow the reader to know that it is not impossible to live a godly disciplined life. I would recommend this for any young man serious about living his life for the Lord. I have no recommendations against this book.
SpottAge: 45-54Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5September 24, 2013SpottAge: 45-54Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5A Needed book! Every christian man should read it!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Men's Issues >> Relationships
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Relationships
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Men's Ministry
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Men's Issues
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Relationships
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Men's Ministry
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Men's Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Relationships