Every one of us will experience several major life changes over the course of adulthood. Each of these transitions will be marked by external changes, such as change of location, career changes, promotions, or job losses, plus changes in family circumstances, including births, marriage, and death. These transitions are also marked by inner change, since most of us readily examine our faith life and relationship with God during such periods.
This new book helps people examine both the outward and the inward dimensions of major life changes. This blend of interior examination and attention to practical issues is shown in the questions that set the stage for the discernment process:
- What theme or themes do you bring to this process of discernment?
- What details would be necessary to know in order to discern an outcome?
- What are the financial implications?
- What are the implications for family members or others close to you?
- What information do you need to start gathering?