- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Buy in Bulk
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2010
What Difference Do It Make? continues the hard-to-believe story of hope and reconciliation that began with the New York Times bestseller, Same Kind of Different as Me. Ron Hall and Denver Moore, unlikely friends and even unlikelier coauthorsa wealthy fine-art dealer and an illiterate homeless African Americanshare the hard-to-stop story of how a remarkable womans love brought them together. Now, in What Difference Do It Make? Ron and Denver along with Lynn Vincent offer:
- more of the storywith untold anecdotes, especially Rons struggle with his difficult father and Denvers dramatic stint in Angola prison
- the rest of the storyhow Same Kind of Different as Me came to be written and changed the lives of its authors
- the ongoing storytrue tales of hope from people whose lives have been changed by Ron and Denvers story and how they make a difference in their worlds
- your part in the storywise, practical, and hard-lived guidance for how you can make a difference to those in need
- plus intriguing extrasincluding full-page color samples of Denvers paintings
Ron Hall is an international art dealer whose long list of regular clients includes many celebrity personalities. He is the writer and producer of the Pure Flix film, Same Kind of Different as Me. An MBA graduate of Texas Christian University, Ron and his wife Beth divide their time between Dallas, New York, and their Brazos River ranch near Ft. Worth.
Denver Moore served as a volunteer at the Fort Worth Union Gospel Mission until his death in March 2012.
Lynn Vincent is the New York Times best-selling writer ofHeaven Is for Real and Same Kind of Different As Me. The author or coauthor of ten books, Lynn has sold 12 million copies since 2006. She worked for eleven years as a writer and editor at the national news biweekly WORLD magazine and is a U.S. Navy veteran.
Denver Moore currently serves at the Fort Worth Union Gospel Mission. He lives in Dallas, Texas. Hometown: Dallas, Texas
Lynn Vincent is the New York Times Bestselling author of Going Rogue and Same Kind of Different as Me. Author or coauthor of eight books, Vincent worked for eleven years as senior writer then features editor at WORLD magazine. She and her husband have two sons. Hometown: San Diego, California
meanmrkingIndianapolis, InAge: 55-65Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5I greatly enjoyed reading this book.June 4, 2012meanmrkingIndianapolis, InAge: 55-65Gender: maleQuality: 4Value: 4Meets Expectations: 5It was a great follow up to Same Kind of Different as Me.
Miss MuffetFloridaAge: 45-54Gender: female3 Stars Out Of 5June 1, 2012Miss MuffetFloridaAge: 45-54Gender: femaleQuality: 3Value: 4Meets Expectations: 3I loved the first book in the "series" "Same Kind of Different as Me". Therefore, I thought "What Difference Do it Make" would be just as good. It's not that it wasn't good, it's just that it didn't add much to the original book.
Lindsay MitchellNew JerseyAge: Over 65Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5Great Follow-up to "same kind of different as me"February 25, 2011Lindsay MitchellNew JerseyAge: Over 65Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This book should be read, but only after reading the original as one would not understand what happened to make this book happen..
Mary A Brokamp5 Stars Out Of 5September 28, 2010Mary A BrokampThis book was a contnuation of the book "Same Kind of Difference as Me" and I found it to be quite interesting. It not only told more about the life of the authors it also had several short stories from other readers telling how the book helped to make a difference in their lives. I don't think anyone can read "What Difference Do It Make" witout feeling blessed for doing so.
Blossom4 Stars Out Of 5May 15, 2010BlossomHonesty is always the best policy so I will be honest: I had a very difficult time reading this book! This book is the sequel to the book Same Difference as Me, by the same authors; a book I have never even seen. Although there are catch ups, I still felt a little lost when they talked about something that had been made clear in the first book. I did/do like the book but it is just a little bit slower than I am used to.I am at a point in my spiritual life where I am only on the shore. Sometimes when I read a book meant to inspire, it makes me want to step back unto the shore because the writers are so gun ho that I feel inadequate! I didnt feel that with this book. It is inspiring. I found myself smiling many times without realizing it at first. I would recommend this to those that are in need of a little lift up, needing some motivation. Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 : Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges >> Illness
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges >> Pain & Suffering
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Personal Testimonies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational >> Inspiring Stories >> Supernatural Accounts
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational >> Inspiring Stories >> True Life
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational >> Stories for the Heart
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Personal Testimonies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational