Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: Make a Difference: Following Your Passion and Finding Your Place to Serve - eBook|
By: James A. Harnish
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Vendor: Abingdon Press
|Publication Date: 2017|
Stock No: WW90777EB
Every day we see that things are not right in our world, and as followers of Jesus Christ, we have an impulse to do something about it. We long to connect our passions and gifts with the worlds great needs, making a unique contribution for the healing of the world.
In Make a Difference, author James A. Harnish helps United Methodists answer the questions "How can I contribute to Gods healing work in this world?" and "How can I find my place to serve and make a difference?" Drawing upon biblical wisdom and real stories of real people who have found their place to serve, he provides practical guidance to help every disciple make a difference as a participant in Gods transformation of the world.
This six-week study is perfect for anyone desiring to
- engage service or mission as a vital part of discipleship,
- find a place to servein the church, the community, and/or the world
- engage in Gods work in the world
The study includes a book, leader guide, and DVD featuring six engaging and lively discussions with the author and several special guests highlighting opportunities and outcomes of making a difference in this world.
The Rev. Dr. James A. Harnish retired after 43 years of pastoral ministry in the Florida Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church. He was the founding pastor of St. Lukes United Methodist Church in Orlando and served for 22 years as the Senior Pastor of Hyde Park United Methodist Church in Tampa. He is the author of A Disciples Heart: Growing in Love and Grace, Earn. Save. Give. Wesleys Simple Rules for Money, and Make a Difference: Following Your Passion and Finding Your Place to Serve. He was a consulting editor for The New Interpreters Dictionary of the Bible and a contributor to The Wesley Study Bible. He and his wife, Martha, have two married daughters and five grandchildren in Florida and South Carolina.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> DVD Studies >> Companion Study Guide >> Christian Living Guides >> Service/Ministry
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download >> eBooks
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides >> Service/Ministry
- Download >> Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides