- All Products
- Biblical Studies× (1,942)
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Publication Date: 2007
After 2,500 years, the Bible remains the most-read book of alltime. No other book has withstood the test of time like this book,which is called the very Word of God.
But can we take the Bible's claim to divine authority seriously?Why would God write a book anyway? Dan Hayden addresses these andother questions often posed by skeptics and provides forthright,honest answers. Readers will enjoy taking a closer look at theBible while being challenged to respond personally to thebest-selling book of all time.
Presented in two sections, both of which detail the resonance between humanity and Scripture, Did God Write The Bible first takes an in-depth look at the Bibles own claims, the evidence for a unified authorship, the precision of the prophets, and comparisons to other religious writings. It then goes into detail as to how this Book was written, the whys and hows, transmission through the ages, authenticity, and all those translations and versions, seeking to move the reader beyond the Good Book concept into accepting it as Gods Book. This volume has several useful end items: notes (which serves as a good bibliography); along with Scripture and general indices.
Father, grandfather, and director of Biblical Research and Education at Sola Scriptura, Dan Hayden brings skill, experience, formal and informal learning, and his vast research to this discussion. I found Did God Write The Bible very readable, interest catching, and morally and spiritually challenging. It makes me want to share it with othersperhaps in a group, or by passing it on to other readers. Infinitely more, this book inspires me to read ever more deeply in Gods Word, and to carry that wonderful message out to others. Donna Eggett, Christian Book Previews.com
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Biblical Interpretation
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Church History >> History of the Bible & Bible Translations
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church History >> History of the Bible & Bible Translations
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Biblical Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Church History >> History of the Bible & Bible Translations