- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Resource Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2012
With new entries and sensitive edits, this fifth edition placesJ.A. Cuddon’s indispensable dictionary firmly in the 21stCentury.
- Written in a clear and highly readable style
- Comprehensive historical coverage extending from ancient timesto the present day
- Broad intellectual and cultural range
- Expands on the previous edition to incorporate the most recent literary terminology
- New material is particularly focused in areas such as genderstudies and queer theory, post-colonial theory, post-structuralism,post-modernism, narrative theory, and cultural studies.
- Existing entries have been edited to ensure that topics receivebalanced treatment
J. A. Cuddon was a renowned academic, essayist, novelist,playwright, and travel writer. He died in March 1996.
M. A. R. Habib, Professor of English, RutgersUniversity, Camden. His books include the highly acclaimed AHistory of Literary Criticism: From Plato to the Present(Blackwell, 2005), Modern Literary Criticism and Theory: AHistory (2008), Literary Criticism from Plato to thePresent: An Introduction (2011), and the Cambridge Historyof Literary Criticism: Vol. VI: the Nineteenth Century (ed.,2012).
Matthew Birchwood, Senior Lecturer in English Literature atKingston University, London
Vedrana Velickovic, Lecturer in English Literature at theUniversity of Brighton
Martin Dines, Senior Lecturer in English Literature at KingstonUniversity, London
Shanyn Fiske, Associate Professor of English at RutgersUniversity, Camden.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Reference Works >> Dictionaries >> Specialized Dictionaries
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Reference Works
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Reference Works
- Download >> Homeschool >> Reference
- Download >> Homeschool >> Type
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Reference
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Type
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Reference Works
- Homeschool >> Reference >> Reference Works >> Dictionaries >> Specialized Dictionaries
- Homeschool >> Type >> Download