- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Cyber Deals
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2012
With new entries and sensitive edits, this fifth edition places J.A. Cuddon’s indispensable dictionary firmly in the 21st Century.
- Written in a clear and highly readable style
- Comprehensive historical coverage extending from ancient times to the present day
- Broad intellectual and cultural range
- Expands on the previous edition to incorporate the most recent literary terminology
- New material is particularly focused in areas such as gender studies and queer theory, post-colonial theory, post-structuralism, post-modernism, narrative theory, and cultural studies.
- Existing entries have been edited to ensure that topics receive balanced treatment
J. A. Cuddon was a renowned academic, essayist, novelist, playwright, and travel writer. He died in March 1996.
M. A. R. Habib, Professor of English, Rutgers University, Camden. His books include the highly acclaimed A History of Literary Criticism: From Plato to the Present (Blackwell, 2005), Modern Literary Criticism and Theory: A History (2008), Literary Criticism from Plato to the Present: An Introduction (2011), and the Cambridge History of Literary Criticism: Vol. VI: the Nineteenth Century (ed., 2012).
Matthew Birchwood, Senior Lecturer in English Literature at Kingston University, London
Vedrana Velickovic, Lecturer in English Literature at the University of Brighton
Martin Dines, Senior Lecturer in English Literature at Kingston University, London
Shanyn Fiske, Associate Professor of English at Rutgers University, Camden.
“Summing Up: Recommended. Lower- and upper-level undergraduate students in English and comparative literatures; general readers.” (Choice, 1 August 2013)
Find Related Products
- Download >> Homeschool
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Reference Works
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Reference Works
- Homeschool >> Reference Works >> Dictionaries >> Specialized Dictionaries
- Non-Fiction >> Reference Works >> Dictionaries >> Specialized Dictionaries
- eBooks >> Homeschool >> Reference Works
- eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Reference Works