- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
The Diabetes Miracle is a guide to understanding diabetes as well as a plan for managing it. Kress, a registered dietitian and certified diabetes educator who herself has type 2 diabetes, has over 30 years experience working with patients to solve weight and blood sugar issues. Although trained traditionally, she ultimately realized that the "recommended" diets for diabetes really didn't work! Over time, patients trying to adhere to these complicated and restrictive diets actually continued to gain weight and required more and more medications for diabetes as well as cholesterol, triglycerides, blood pressure, depression. Some patients ultimately required insulin injections.
After years of research, she created The Diabetes Miracle: a 3-step, scientifically based, carbohydrate balanced plan that is instantly more effective than any other diet to control blood sugar and allow for weight loss and decreased medications. The reason? The Diabetes Miracle "rests, resets, and retrains" the body to react normally to changes in blood glucose while it decreases insulin resistance. Although this is not a cookbook, it offers sample menu ideas and a comprehensive discussion of various foods and the effects they have. It also includes detailed information about insulin, medications, monitoring, hypoglycemia, and alternative treatments.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Da Capo Lifelong Books
Publication Date: 2012
- Correct your bodys insulin imbalance naturally and stop the progression from Metabolism B to prediabetes to diabetes
- "Rest, reset, and retrain" your pancreas to process carbs and react more normally to blood glucose changes
- Lose weight and keep it offespecially the love handles and excess back fat
- Get the best blood sugar readings you have experienced since your diagnosis on the least amount of medication
- Have more energy, sleep great, look younger, and feel healthier
- Gain control of type 2 diabetes on an easy, livable program