Devoted - eBook
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2014
of customers would recommend this product to a friend.
Page 1 of 1
DiscipleMom LauraTXAge: 35-44Gender: female4 Stars Out Of 5Disciple or DevoteeNovember 10, 2014DiscipleMom LauraTXAge: 35-44Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 4Arron Chambers latest book, Devoted, challenges readers to stop thinking about being disciples of Jesus who follow rules and regulations, but to think of themselves as devotees who are fanatically in love with Jesus, presenting some radical thoughts concerning discipleship for many of todays churches.
Chambers says, True discipleship is not about what you do; its about whom you love. Instead of focusing on getting new believers in Jesus to go through the motions of church attendance, service, prayer, Bible study, and more, Chambers says we must focus on helping new believers to fall more in love with Jesusto be devoted to Jesus. Those other things will happen as a natural by-product of loving Jesus more, he seems to say.
Devoted certainly challenges readers in their thinking and motivation, and if nothing else, to fall more in love with Jesus. Chambers tries to accomplish that goal by encouraging readers to approach the book differently than normal. In the back of the book, he presents a 40 Day Devoted Experience, to help readers fall more in love with Jesus, exploring the topics in the rest of the book in a guided fashion.
Another plus is that Chambers provides a list of questions for small group Bible study to accompany the book, available for free at www.devotedbook.com.
While I agree that discipleship is a matter of the heart, I think Chambers simplifies the process a bit much and Im still chewing on some of the things he presented in the book. And I guess thats a good thing. All in all, though, this book is worth the read. It challenges you evaluate your relationship with Jesus and encourages you to fall in love with Him more deeply.
* Note: I received a copy of the book from NetGalley for this review; however, the opinions expressed in the review are my own.
Page 1 of 1
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing Christ
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Christian Character & Purpose
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing Christ
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality