Add To Cart
- 4th of July
- Baby Dedication
- Black History
- Father's Day
- Good Friday
- Jewish Holidays
- Labor Day
- Mother's Day
- New Baby
- New Home
- New Year's
- Palm Sunday
- St. Patrick's Day
- Valentine's Day
- Women's Day
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 144
Vendor: Multnomah Books
Publication Date: 2010
|Dimensions: 8.00 X 5.19 (inches)|
Desiring God, Revised Edition: Meditations of a Christian HedonistJohn PiperMultnomah Books / 2011 / Trade Paperback$11.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 24 Reviews Video
$15.99Save 25% ($4.00)
Desiring God: Finding Complete Satisfaction and Joy in God, DVD EditionJohn PiperMultnomah Books / 2010 / DVD$19.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 6 Reviews Video
$29.99Save 33% ($10.00)
This study guide companion to the DVD version of Desiring Godthe classic explanation of Christian hedonism by John Piperwill help individuals and groups understand that the supreme calling of life is to "glorify God by enjoying Him forever."
The DVD and this guide create an ideal package for adult and youth Sunday school classes, small groups, retreats, classrooms, families, as well as for individual study.
Topics for this 12-session guided group study include:
- One Great Mission and Motivation
- A Summary of Christian Hedonism
- The Foundation of Christian Hedonism
- The Essence of Christian Hedonism
- The Grand Obligation (Part 1): Commanded to Rejoice
- The Grand Obligation (Part 2): An Essential Element of Faith and Worship
- The Grand Obligation (Part 3): Holy Hedonism Is Love
- The Grand Obligation (Part 4): The Strength for Sanctification and Service
- How Then Shall We Fight for Joy? (Part 1): Know Its Sources and Setbacks
- How Then Shall We Fight for Joy? (Part 2): Make Use of the Means of Grace
Complete with Scripture, key quotations for reflection, penetrating questions, and five daily assignments per week, this study guide will help you understand why Gods pursuit of His glory and your pursuit of joy are not at oddsbecause God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him.
Also includes a 6-session intensive track option. Leaders Guide Included.
JOHN PIPER is pastor for preaching at Bethlehem Baptist Church in Minneapolis,
Minnesota. He is the author of more than forty books, including Future Grace, A Godward Life, The Dangerous Duty of Delight, Dont Waste Your Life, and The Pleasures of God. John and his wife, Noel, have five children and an increasing number of grandchildren.
Ask a Question▼▲
Q: How long is each DVD session in the Desiring God DVD series?
Each of the ten sessions is 20 to 30 minutes long.