- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Moody Publishers
Publication Date: 2013
We hear the story of David and Goliath and wonder, "Do we have what it takes to slay the giant?"
Men today are confronted with many different expectations of who theyre supposed to be and what role they should be filling. By looking at history, the clichés of manhood, and what intimacy with God looks like, this short book will help men (and women) rethink what it means to be a man in todays culture.
Counselor and pastor Rhett Smith works through tough questions like:
- How can men look up to role models without following their flaws?
- Is it possible to strike a balance between passivity and aggression?
- How can men speak up, find intimacy, and take care of others without neglecting themselves?
When Christ calls us to follow Him, He paves a path that is different than our cultural expectations, a path that leads us to a relationship with Him and to true knowledge of what it means to be a man.
GmoneyAge: 25-34Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5Best Men's Study I've Ever Done!April 3, 2014GmoneyAge: 25-34Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I can't tell you how perfect this book is as a study with other men. As an associate pastor I've been in my fair share of mens studies and this easily takes the cake. The short chapters make it so every guy reads every week and because there's no homework no one shows up feeling unprepared. I think as men we've got enough going on and as I pastor I think most men are overwhelmed with their lives much less trying to fit a bible study in.
The 3 or 4 discussion questions guide us each week and we are never short on conversation. I have also been very amazed at the amount of openness coming from the guys in my group. Some of whom knew no one upon starting the group!
If you're looking for a study to do with other men, quick looking and order this book now!
AngelAge: 25-34Gender: female3 Stars Out Of 5October 16, 2013AngelAge: 25-34Gender: femaleI chose this book, looking for something to guide my sons into the Biblical role of manhood. This was not what I was hoping for. It's not that it was bad, it just wasn't a good fit for me.
Maybe it is because I am not a man that I didn't enjoy it.
The 15 chapters are really short, just a few pages each. I was able to finish the entire book in one sitting. It didn't really go into depth on each topic. There wasn't a lot of meat for me to walk away with.
And honestly, I found the cut out mustache at the end to be really cheesy. I just don't get the mustache craze to begin with though.
*I received this book as a free review copy from Moody Publishers.*
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Introducing the Faith
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing God
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Men's Issues >> Personal Life >> Self-Improvement
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Introducing the Faith
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing God
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Men's Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Men's Issues