The Desert Mothers: Spiritual Practices from the Women of the Wilderness - eBook
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Philosophical Branches▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase only in certain countries.
At the dawn of Christianity, holy women went into the deserts of northern Egypt to devote themselves to lives of prayer. Almost forgotten in today's contemporary society, now The Desert Mothers provide you with the writings of these holy women and apply their spiritual practices to modern day life. Each chapter contains a summary of the spiritual practice and a closing prayer, making it a useful tool in your devotional practice.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Morehouse Publishing
Publication Date: 2007
In the same format as Holy Companions and the forthcoming Praying with the Anglican Saints, this book includes summaries of the thoughts and spiritual approaches of the Desert Mothers, along with spiritual practices based on their writings. Although scholars have paid attention to the Desert Mothers, general lay audiences have only had access to writings by the Desert Fathers. Unlike most of the scholarly books on the market, this book popularizes the writings and the thinking of the Desert Mothers of the early Church, and applies them to contemporary life.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Church History >> Significant People & Events
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Church History >> Women's Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church History >> Significant People & Events >> Women's Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Church History >> Significant People & Events