Add To Cart
Add To Cart
Add To Cart
Deliver Us: Finding Hope in the Psalms for Moments of Desperation
Sometimes the circumstances of life weigh on us, and it can be difficult to find our way out. Issues such as financial stress, marital strife, chronic illness, and family tensions become more burdensome, and God can feel far away. In these times, the words of the Psalms speak powerfully, and offer a way through when the path seems unclear.
In Deliver Us, author Michele Howe guides readers through 30 devotional chapters sharing real-life stories and insights gleaned from the book of Psalms. Each chapter provides prayers for reflection and "Take-Away Action Thoughts" for further consideration. Readers will find the encouragement and strength they need to trust in God's faithfulness and continue walking in faith.
|Title: Deliver Us: Finding Hope in the Psalms for Moments of Desperation|
By: Michele Howe
Number of Pages: 160
Vendor: Hendrickson Publishers
Publication Date: 2020
|Dimensions: 8.5 X 5.5 (inches)|
Weight: 12 ounces
Stock No: WW073079
Michele HoweHendrickson Publishers / 2020 / Trade PaperbackOur Price$8.995 out of 5 stars for Giving Thanks for a Perfectly Imperfect Life. View reviews of this product. 8 Reviews
Retail Price$14.95Save 40% ($5.96)
Michele HoweHendrickson Publishers / 2019 / Imitation LeatherOur Price$9.795 out of 5 stars for Strength for All Seasons: A Prayer Devotional. View reviews of this product. 3 Reviews
Retail Price$19.95Save 51% ($10.16)
This product is part of our current Mothers Day promotion
Michele HoweHendrickson Publishers / 2019 / Trade PaperbackOur Price$7.495 out of 5 stars for Joyous Faith: The Key to Aging with Resilience. View reviews of this product. 2 Reviews
Retail Price$14.95Save 50% ($7.46)
Michele HoweHendrickson Publishers / 2018 / Trade PaperbackOur Price$2.994.5 out of 5 stars for Navigating the Friendship Maze. View reviews of this product. 2 Reviews
Retail Price$14.95Save 80% ($11.96)
Based on the book of Psalms, Deliver Us addresses difficult and life-harrowing situations, and offers encouragement on how to get through them. In true Michele Howe style, this book includes thirty chapters composed of real-life accounts, "Take-Away Action Thoughts," prayers, and insights for when times are dark.
How does one survive a financial crisis? What hope is there for people living with chronic pain? How can couples cope with marital impasses? Each of these true stories is then paired with a specific psalm that communicates the resolve to trust in God's faithfulness and rescue.
The pairing of these dire-straits situations with a powerfully redemptive psalm offers substantive hope and encouragement in spite of these heartrending experiences.
Key points and features:
- Provides profound guidance and hope through true stories and psalms.
- Includes an essay focusing on the specific chapter topic.
- Includes a "Take-Away Action Thought" for further application.
- Provides prayers and suggestions for how to use psalms.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
1. Enduring the Valley of Depression
2. Loving a Prodigal Child
3. Overcoming Impossible Marital Impasses
4. Living with Chronic Pain
5. Being Purposeful in Spite of Joblessness
6. Surviving a Financial Crisis
7. Finding Comfort and Solace in the Midst of Loneliness
8. Making Peace with Unanswered Prayer
9. Living with Addiction
10. Healing After Divorce
11. Finding Contentment in Childlessness
12. Staying Hopeful Though Life-Weary and Exhausted
13. Trusting a Just God after Being Victimized
14. Choosing Forgiveness When Wronged
15. Thriving after the Loss of a Spouse
16. Giving Our Reputation to God
17. Living as an Orphan
18. Caregiving a Formerly Neglectful Parent
19. Fighting a Recurring Battle with Cancer
20. Aging with Grace and Dignity
21. Finding Rest in God Alone
22. Creating Healthy Boundaries with Ungodly Family Members
23. Finding a Church Family after a Church Split
24. Leaning on God for the Stamina to Raise a Grandchild
25. Giving a Lifelong Dream Back to God
26. Loving a Spouse Who Is Unloving
27. Telling the Truth When a Lie Would Be Easier
28. Learning Godly Contentment No Matter What
29. Embracing God's Plan of Suffering with Grace
30. Holding Jesus Dearer Than Anything Else on Earth
Michele Howe is the author of numerous books for women and families, including Strength for All Seasons, Navigating the Friendship Maze, and Giving Thanks for a Perfectly Imperfect Life. She has published over 3,000 articles, reviews, and curricula, and has been interviewed on Focus on the Family several times.