- Media Type▼▲
- Philosophical Branches▼▲
- Philosophical Subjects▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Publication Date: 2013
Our culture has a few catch phrases: Be who you want to be; Do what makes you happy. We are told to do our own thing and follow our own rules, which often makes the Bible appear to be oppressively restrictive and hopelessly outdated, even to Christians! Responding to the misdirection of our society and misperceptions the church has of Gods law, Professor Jerram Barrs helps readers recognize the beauty in and purpose of Gods rules for living healthy, productive, and fulfilling lives. From the Old Testament to the New, Barrs demonstrates how Gods commands to his people were intended to protect them from sin and direct them in godliness. Rejecting the idea that we can earn Gods favor through good works, Barrs nevertheless highlights how Gods commands should spur us to obedience and ultimately remind us of grace.
Chris5 Stars Out Of 5Delighting in the Law of the LordDecember 19, 2014ChrisQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5One of the best books on theology that I've ever read. It goes behind the scriptures and reveals meaning and guidance for the mature Christian. A great Sunday school class discussion book or daily devotions.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Culture
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Ethics >> Moral Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Culture
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Ethics
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Culture
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Ethics