- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Big Summer Blowout
- Buy in Bulk
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Decrease life's unnecessary details and increase your relationship with the Lord so you can live in awe of Christ's resurrection! 40 Days of Decrease is a guide for those hungering for a fresh Lenten/Easter experience. Author Alicia Britt Chole guides you through a study of Jesus’ uncommon and uncomfortable call to abandon the world’s illusions, embrace His kingdom’s realities, and journey cross-ward and beyond. Each daily entry will include:
- a devotional based on Jesus’ cross-ward life
- a reflection question to guide journaling or group discussion
- a "heart fast" to inspire a tangible response
- a thought-provoking Lenten quote
- "fun facts" about the historical development of Lent with details you may not have known before
- a suggested reading that takes you from John 12 to John 21
- journaling space for reflection
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2016
"What are you giving up for Lent?" we are asked. Our minds begin to whirl: Chocolate? Designer coffee? Social media? Forty days later, some feel disappointed in their efforts (it was a limited-time blend . . . ), some feel surprised by their success (didnt even miss it . . . ), but perhaps precious few feel spiritually renewed.
Can such fasts alone truly prepare us to celebrate Easter? Or any other chosen time of reflection during the year?
Or could it be that before we can be duly awed by resurrection, we need to daily honor crucifixion?
40 Days of Decrease emphasizes a different type of fast. What if you or your church fasted comparison? What if your family fasted accumulation? What if your office fasted gossip?
40 Days of Decrease guides readers through a study of Jesus uncommon and uncomfortable call to abandon the worlds illusions, embrace His kingdoms reality, and journey cross-ward and beyond.
Each daily, 1000-word entry will include
- a devotional based on Jesus cross-ward life;
- a reflection question to guide journaling or group discussion;
- a fast to inspire a tangible response;
- a thought-provoking Lenten quote;
- a sidebar into the historical development of Lent.
An award-winning writer, Dr. Alicia Britt Choles messages address both head and heart and are often described as grace-filled surgeries. Alicia is a speaker, author, and leadership mentor who enjoys thunderstorms, jalapenos, and honest questions. To explore Alicias other books or learn more about her ministry, visit www.aliciabrittchole.com.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Devotionals >> 30 Day
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Devotionals >> Lent & Easter Devotionals
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Devotionals >> 30 Day
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Devotionals >> Lent & Easter Devotionals
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Devotionals >> 30 Day
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Devotionals >> Lent & Easter Devotionals