- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
The oldest book of the Bible, Job, deals with the oldest question of man: why do seemingly bad things happen to good people? Or put another way, if God is good, why is there suffering?
A thousand generations have asked this question and their sages have done their best to answer, to make sense of suffering, pain and evil. Part I is 30 short readings--one for each day of the month--drawn from two sources: the Bible and the wisdom of contemporary sages. In Part II are reflections on the role of pain and suffering in life as told by a man who has lived most of his life with a painful disease.
While there are many facets to this complex issue, the conclusion drawn from both the Bible and the sages is this: God is in the midst of crisis and suffering, drawing people to Himself and into His purposes.
Barb Wooler, director of crisis response for Encompass World Partners, and Wayne Hannah, senior director of strategic initiatives at Encompass, who deals daily with a chronic health condition, have compiled a 30-day devotional that will encourage your faith in the face of crisis.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: BMH Books
Publication Date: 2016
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Devotionals >> 30 Day
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines >> Worship
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Devotionals >> 30 Day
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Devotionals >> 30 Day
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship