- All Products
- Last Minute Christmas
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
- Media Type▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Harvest House Publishers
|Publication Date: 2014|
You don't have to be married very long to discover that your husband will not live up to all your expectations. And even if he is Mr. Wonderful, he will still do things that disappoint you and even make you unhappy.
But being a happy wife has more to do with choice than circumstance. It begins with your personal decision to choose happiness. And it's characterized by a thread of thanksgiving that runs through your life, bringing with it contentment and cheerfulness.
In 31 Days to Becoming a Happy Wife, Arlene Pellicane explores five character traits you can choose to develop in your journey toward happiness. Organized into 31 daily readings, her biblically based insights will show you the way to become
- Hopeful believe that a happy marriage is within your reach
- Adaptable learn to be open to change
- Positive choose to be more optimistic
- Purposeful discover a new vision for your role as a wife
- Yielded experience joy as you submit to God's plan
Commit yourself to this month-long quest to becoming a happy wife and discover newfound joy for yourself and for your husband.
The book includes a Happy Wives Club Discussion Guide, filled with thought-provoking questions for each daily reading that will enhance your personal or group study.
MonicaMissouriAge: 35-44Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Great inspiration for any woman!October 23, 2013MonicaMissouriAge: 35-44Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I chose this book not because I am not a happy wife, I am, but because I know many who are not so happy in their role as a wife. They feel it is a prison and they can't quite figure out how to navigate through it. But I discovered that there are things that I could be doing that could INCREASE my happiness! Wow! Now that is a bonus!
Each session, I am calling them sessions because they don't really seem like devotions to me, starts with a Bible verse. Then Arlene will tell part of her story. She also interviewed many women who have had long successful and some hard roads in their marriages. Kept it very real; the thing I love most about such books. She will tell you about something she struggled with and then great ideas about how to deal with or change the situation.
Each session then ends "Today's Picture". It is a short exercise covering the material just discussed. I found this section to be really great for "self examinations". Look at yourself closely. Then the session ends with prayer.
I highly recommend this book to ALL women. Happy, sad, or mad. We all have something to learn. I wish I could get one for every woman in my family!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Devotionals >> 30 Day
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Marriage & Divorce >> Marriage
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues >> Family >> Marriage
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues >> Personal Life >> Self-Improvement
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Devotionals >> 30 Day
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Marriage & Divorce >> Marriage
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Devotionals >> 30 Day
- Download >> eBooks >> Family >> Marriage & Divorce
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues