- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: WestBow Press
Publication Date: 2013
Lisa traveled to Uganda with her teenage son on a twelve-day mission trip. In an orphanage her world view abruptly changed as she held a shivering emaciated little boy who lay dying of malaria. He had no one else in the world to care that he was passing. This experience and others while on the trip were so profound that she is compelled to share them with you. Come and walk with Lisa through Uganda as God shows her His different definitions of mother.
All profits from this book will be donated to build lifesaving wells in villages desperate for clean water.
AMKreationsNYAge: 25-34Gender: female3 Stars Out Of 5Finding PurposeSeptember 6, 2013AMKreationsNYAge: 25-34Gender: femaleQuality: 3Value: 3Meets Expectations: 212 Days in Africa by Lisa Sanders is a collection of the author's memories from a missions trip she took to Africa. Lisa spent twelve days with her son, serving in various capacities, in the Hope4Kids outreach in Uganda. This book relates some of the experiences she had on the trip, some of the ways in which she was able to be of assistance to the poor and needy in that nation, as well as including insights from some other individuals. She has also included photos from her time in Africa, which was a nice touch. You could sense the author's heart and love for the ministry that the Lord directed her to be personally involved in.
I did struggle reading this book, not because the author didn't have insights to share or wasn't sometimes interesting, but mostly because it was not easy to follow. I didn't know what day of the trip they were on; it seemed like the author was jumping all over. I felt like I was reading a blog, rather than a book. I think it could have been presented in a more sequential fashion. I also think that the book needs further editing. There are some errors in grammar and missing capitalization. I was slightly disappointed in that respect, as I found myself proofing the book, instead of enjoying a good read.
I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze.com, all opinions are my own.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Missions >> Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral >> Missions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Missionary Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biography >> Missionary Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Missions >> Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Missions
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography >> Missionary Biography
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction