Add To Cart
|Title: Daughters of Light: Quaker Women Preaching and Prophesying in the Colonies and Abroad, 1700-1775|
By: Rebecca Larson
Number of Pages: 416
Vendor: University of North Carolina Press
Publication Date: 2000
|Dimensions: 9.30 X 6.21 X 1.03 (inches)|
Weight: 1 pound 5 ounces
Stock No: WW848975
Utilizing the Quakers' rich archival sources, as well as colonial newspapers and diaries, Rebecca Larson reconstructs the activities of these women. She offers striking insights into the ways their public, authoritative role affected the formation of their identities, their families, and their society. Extensively researched and compellingly written, "Daughters of Light" enriches our understanding of religion and women's lives in colonial America.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Church History >> Women's Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions >> Quaker
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Women's Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> History >> US History >> Colonial America
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> History >> Women in History
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.