- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2011
Raise secure, confident kids in a gender-confused world
From the moment someone first asked "Boy or girl?" every childs identity is tied to his or her gender. But how that identity fully takes shape depends greatly on the influence of their parents and what they teach their children about the innate value of being male or female.
In this eye-opening book, family researcher Glenn T. Stanton offers a clear vision for why gender matters in how we raise our children. His thought-provoking insights expose the problems with stifling stereotypes and damaging cultural assumptions, then highlight a practical pathway for guiding children into healthy manhood and womanhood.
· what gender-appropriate behavior looks like at various agesand why you shouldnt panic if your toddler boy plays with his sisters dolls.
· how to help your daughter become secure in her sense of significancewhether she prefers chasing butterflies or shooting hoops.
· how to inspire your son to compete and take healthy risksin ways that fit his unique personality.
· how moms and dads complement one another as they discipline differently, comfort differently, and influence differently.
· what you can do on a daily basis to nurture your childrens God-given design and help them resist the pressure to conform to arbitrary cultural rules.
With practical tools, well-researched insights, and real-life scenarios, this book equips parents to launch daughters who are secure in the power of their femininity and sons who are confident in their strength to make a difference in the world.
Secure Daughters, Confident Sons provides a powerful vision of raising girls and boys in an ever-changing world. Combining brain science with a Christian perspective, Glenn Stanton inspires parents and teachers to be at once visionary and practical. This book is inspiring and far reaching. Michael Gurian, author of The Wonder of Boys and The Wonder of Girls
In this delightful book, Glenn Stanton lovingly reveals the secrets of raising healthy sons and daughters. Louann Brizendine, MD, author of The Female Brain and The Male Brain
Secure Daughters, Confident Sons will help you become a secure, confident parent in raising gender-healthy children. It offers rich insight and highly practical applications for empowering your son or daughter to be all God intended when He made he or she male and female. Robert Lewis, founder of Mens Fraternity and author of Raising a Modern-Day Knight
The culture tells us that the lines separating male and female are meaningless, but Glenn Stanton has tapped into the critical importance of recognizing and cultivating the distinct qualities of boys and girls. His book gives parents practical tools to help them appreciate and develop the femininity of their daughters and the masculinity of their sons. Glenns work demonstrates that each gender is uniquely gifted by God for a purpose, and by celebrating these gender-specific behaviors and attitudes, we strengthen families and help men and women find purpose and fulfillment. Jim Daly, president and CEO of Focus on the Family
Every parent is raising a boy or girl into manhood or womanhood. There is no third option. Glenn Stanton has done parents and grandparents a noble service in helping us understandbased on insights of emerging science and the ancient wisdom of Christianityhow mothers and fathers both guide their children into healthy, balanced, and authentic masculinity and femininity. I know moms and dadsas well as those who want to understand how and why gender matterswill be helped by this important book. John Rosemond, family psychologist and author of The Well-Behaved Child: Discipline That Really Works!
Glenn Stanton has courageously addressed one of the most challenging, yet rarely discussed aspects of parenting: what is the essence of your childs gender? His observations are not only insightful, but also practical. In a world steeped in gender confusion, this resource is invaluable. Dr. Juli Slattery, author and psychologist, Focus on the Family
We live in a time of almost breathtaking confusion over things that should be basic, like the difference between boys and girls. Parents need good guidance in the midst of such confusion, and Glenn Stanton offers this kind of advice in Secure Daughters, Confident Sons. The secular world tells us that masculinity and femininity are merely social constructs that we must learn to leave behind, but Stanton believes that a proper understanding of manhood and womanhood is essential to Christian faithfulness and human happiness. I am thankful for his conviction and his courage. Dr. R. Albert Mohler Jr., president of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Parenting >> Confidence & Self-Esteem
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Parenting >> Daughters
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Parenting >> Sons
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Confidence & Self-Esteem
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Daughters
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Family
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Sons
- Download >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting