- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: WestBow Press
Publication Date: 2012
Some years ago, I noticed that certain verses and even brief phrases seemed to stand out from Bible passages I read during my daily devotions. I found myself thinking about, meditating on, ruminating the words throughout the day. It amused me to picture myself chewing my cud. I shouldn't have been surprised. The Bible does say we are his people, the sheep of his pasture (Psalm 100:3 b, NIV), and sheep chew a cud.
Other pictures came to mind: a baseball player as he chewed a wad of bubble gum; an old codger with a chaw of tobacco tucked into one cheek. The more delicate expression would be in reference to Mary, the mother of Jesus. Of her the Scriptures record: But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart (Luke 2:19, NIV). The meaning is the same.
You thrill to God's Word, you chew on Scripture day and night (Psalm 1:2 3, The Message).
So was born my daily wad. I wrote the phrases on cards, thought about the words throughout the day, and shared them with others as opportunity presented itself. I was blessed, others were blessed. My prayer is that you will be blessed as you read, ruminate, and are refreshed by The Daily Wad.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Devotionals >> Meditations
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational >> Inspiring Stories
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Devotionals >> Meditations
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Devotionals >> Meditations
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational