Add To Cart
Add To Cart
Museum of the Bible Bible Curriculum Volume 1: Genesis to Ruth Student Edition
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Mega Fall Sale
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
The Museum of the Bible Volume 1: Genesis to Ruth Student Edition is part of the first level of the Museum of the Bible homeschool curriculum. There are four levels in total, each designed to take high school students one semester to complete; together these four levels take students through the entire Bible. Each level is comprised of one student edition book and one teacher's guide book, which are both sold-separately, plus the AR Student Companion App, which is available to download for free via your phone or tablet app store.
This volume includes 26 chapters that cover the Bible and the Bible's influence in history! Lessons introduce the Bible and explore the narratives of the patriarchs, Moses, the Exodus, and the Law; the early development of Israel and context of the biblical narratives; and the impact of the Bible on modern science, slavery, justice, and other topics.
Three types of (color-coded) chapters are included:
- History Chapters focus on the archaeology and broader cultural context behind the biblical narrative
- Narrative Chapters present key concepts, events, and personalities; these often feature Bible stories and broader questions like "Why is the Bible worth studying?"
- Impact Chapters relate to the effects of the Bible on societies and culture over time
Lessons are incredibly colorful with many photos of artifacts, places, artwork, maps, and other artwork and engaging sidebars integrated throughout.
Most "Narrative" chapters are divided into phases:
- In Phase 1, "Read the Story," students simply read the Bible passage and/or lesson
- In Phase 2, "Travel through Time," students examine the background of the stories
- In Phase 3, "Mine for Clues," students dig deeper to discover details and patterns that may have been missed on an initial reading
- In Phase 4, "Use the Telescope," student look at how one story might impact other stories later on in the Bible, or how it might have impacted people who read it.
As students work their way through the book, they hold their phone or tablet - using the associated app-over the book. Then, on their screens, pop-up images appear as if rising out of the textbook; students can interact with these to watch videos, examine 3D artifacts, watch animations, explore maps, take game-like quizzes, and interact with a variety of other activities.
Written at a 9th grade reading level; designed for grades 9-12. Covers one semester. Scripture taken from multiple translations.
200 pages, softcover. Non-reproducible, non-consumable student text.
Vendor: Museum of the Bible
Publication Date: 2017
About the Series▼▲
Museum of the Bible | Bible Curriculum - Museum of the Bible Curriculum provides an innovative way for students to engage withthe Bible. Using a descriptive approach, the four-volume set encompasses major narratives from Genesis to Revelation. Lessons on the history of the Bible help students comprehend the context of the Bible and its fascinating past. Impact lessons introduce the Bible's significant influence over the centuries. Using unique interactive technology, enaged students move beyond the page for a meaningful learning experience.
Learn more about Museum of the Bible at www.museumoftheBible.org
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
We offer thousands of quality curricula, workbooks, and references to meet your homeschooling needs. To assist you in your choices, we have included the following symbol next to those materials that specifically reflect a Christian worldview.
If you have any questions about specific products, our knowledgeable Homeschool Specialists will be glad to help you. Just call us at 1-800-CHRISTIAN.