Add To Cart
- Grade Level▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 24
Vendor: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Publication Date: 2010
Dimensions: 9 X 6 (inches)
Series: Curious George
After learning about hibernation, George decides that the best way to spend the cold winter months is the way that bears do itfast asleep! But first its too bright in his room; then its not cave-like enough; and then its too loud. When George finally does get to sleep, he wakes up to discover that he slept only one night, not the whole winter! Will George be convinced that winter can be a wonderland of fun after all?
Includes a question-and-answer activity on hibernation as well as a craft project to make your own teddy bear cave.
The Reys were born in Hamburg, Germany. Hans Augusto Rey (1898-1977) met his wife-to-be, Margret (1906-1996), at a party in her fathers home in Germany; when he first caught a glimpse of her, she was sliding down the banister. In their twenties and thirties they lived in Paris and in Rio de Janeiro, where Hans sold bathtubs in villages along the Amazon River. Eventually Cambridge, Massachusetts, became the Reys home and community. Throughout their lives the Reys created many lively books together, including SPOTTY, PRETZEL, and lift-the-flap books such as HOW DO YOU GET THERE? The manuscript of the first Curious George books was one of the few items the Reys carried with them on their bicycles when they escaped from Paris in 1940. Eventually, they made their way to the United States, and CURIOUS GEORGE was published in 1941. Their incorrigible little monkey has become an American icon, selling millions of books and capturing the hearts of readers everywhere. CURIOUS GEORGE has been published in many languages, including French, German, Japanese, Afrikaans, and Norwegian. Additional Curious George books followed, as well as such other favorites as CECILY G. AND THE NINE MONKEYS and FIND THE CONSTELLATIONS. Visit www.curiousgeorge.com.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books >> Children >> Classics
- Books >> Children >> Picture Books >> Animals
- Books >> Children >> Picture Books >> Seasonal
- Books >> Children >> Seasonal >> Classics
- Books >> Children >> Seasonal >> Picture Books
- Children >> Children's Books >> Classics
- Children >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Animals
- Children >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Seasonal
- Children >> Children's Books >> Seasonal >> Classics
- Children >> Children's Books >> Seasonal >> Picture Books
- Homeschool >> Supplemental >> Books & Classic Literature >> Classics